The most exciting moment for Cricket Fans across the World is when the program of “The ICC Awards of The Decade” broadcasted on Star Sports Network and digital platforms by the end of the year 2020. ICC announces the awards for all the players who have made a decade special and for the master class of their performances.
The Indian skipper Virat Kohli and the Australian Skipper Ellyse Perry bagged the Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade and the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade, respectively makes the event more special.
ICC engaged the fans across the globe casting 5.3 Million Votes along with the intellectual members of the Jury, including former Cricketers, Journalists, Broadcasters, and Statisticians like Sharda Ugra, Lisa Sthalekar, Tim Cutler, Alan Wilkins, Shaun Pollock, VVS Laxman, Peter Lalor, Ramiz Raja, Rex Clementine, Russel Arnold, Darren Ganga and many more. The Awards were given to the players who have played a minimum of 5 years in the last decade.
10 Titles Crowned to The Super Stars of Cricket:
Following are the 10 Awards listed with the Winners names carved by ICC for the last decade:
ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade: The First Award goes to the best overall performer in men’s Associate Cricket Teams, and the Winner is Kyle Coetzer of Scotland.
He is a most promising and prolific Skipper who scored more than 3,400 runs and the 1st Scottish Player to score a century in International Cricket, and a superHero for the Associate Teams playing across the World.
- Decade’s ICC Women’s Associate Cricketer: The next Award is for Kathryn Bryce of Scotland. Yet another Scottish Cricketer who leads the Women’s Team of Scotland scores runs and clinches Wickets consistently. She is one of the most dangerous players to the opposition in the qualifiers tournaments of ICC.
- Decade’s International Cricketer ICC Men’s T20: The Award for The best overall performer in men’s T20 International cricket goes to Rashid Khan of Afghanistan. It was a miraculous choice of the Jury members to choose Rashid Khan for the Award among the strong nominees, including Kohli, Rohit, Malinga, Finch, Gayle, and Tahir. The Young Lad has taken 89 Wickets in 48 Matches and leads the list of the fastest bowler to reach the 50 Wickets mark in the format. He torched the fame as a head-turner in quick time and inspired the whole generation of players in Afghanistan.
- Decade’s International Cricketer ICC Women’s T20: The Award for The best overall performer in women’s T20I Cricket goes to Ellyse Perry of Australia. A Fabulous Cricketer with runs and wickets shines like a Star in the books of Women’s Cricket.
- Decade’s ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer: The Award for The best overall performer in men’s ODI cricket goes to Virat Kohli of India. The most elegant player who plays orthodox Cricket shots as in the books of Cricket and the fastest to score more than 10,000 runs in the format with 39 Centuries in the bag. He averages 70 while chasing and a threat to the opposition.
- Decade’s ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer: The Award for The best overall performer in women’s ODI Cricket goes to Ellyse Perry of Australia. She is a phenomenal Cricketer with a sound technique both with the ball and the bat.
- Decade’s ICC Men’s Test Cricketer: The Award for The best overall performer in men’s Test cricket goes to Steve Smith of Australia. One of the most stylish Cricketers who never got out without magic from the bowler scored over 7,000 runs in 69 Matches and averaged 65 with 26 Centuries equally deposited in home grounds as well as overseas.
- Decade’s ICC Spirit of Cricket Award: The Award for his action on the field of play in international Cricket, which placed him in a respectable position when he called back former England batsman Ian Bell following a Trent Bridge run in 2011. Such a Wonderful person who lifts even the Spirit of the Opposition Team’s players and fans is none other than the Captain Cool, “MS Dhoni.”
ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade Award for Rachael Heyhoe Flint:
The Most Adorable Award for The best overall performer in women’s international Cricket goes to Ellyse Perry of Australia.
An ecstatic Cricketer deserves the Hat Trick of Awards in the decade, scoring more than 4,000 runs and 200 Wickets in all the three formats of the game. She has played an integral part of the Australian Team, winning the 50 Over World Cup once and T20 World Cup 4 times in her incredible career. She deserves the award for not only being the Leader of the Australian Team but is the Leader of the Global Women’s Game.
ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade Award for Sir Garfield Sobers:
The Most Jubilant Award for The best overall performer in Men’s international Cricket goes to Virat Kohli of India.
He is an Inspirational Cricketer who Masters all the three formats of the game and rightly called the Role Model to the 21st Century youngsters. He is such a player who sets an example for determination and courage as a leader to others. His appetite for runs, even after scoring more than 20,000 runs in all the formats, is amazing.
Kohli is a run making Machine that converts an impossible target to a possible one.
Farewell of the Decade:
That’s the way, ICC bid farewell to the decade, leaving Magnificent Lessons to the next generation with the lights of Dhoni, Kohli, AB de Villiers, Sangakkara, Smith, Starc, Root, Ellyse Perry, Mithali Raj, Stafanie Taylor, and much more.
A farewell is for the Welfare of the Next Decade! Cricket Rocks!
Title: The ICC Awards of the Decade
Posted On: 28/12/2020
Author: Tony Willets